I had my quarterly scan this past Monday, then my follow-up appointments on Wednesday for the results. I have been increasingly reclusive and disconnected surrounding this milestone, which was only exacerbated after I picked up a nasty bug at the top of the week.
I have been feeling stuffy, sniffly, and out of it for several days, and am trying to ignore the irony that I felt extremely healthy until I set foot into the hospital. But all of that aside, the scan revealed that nothing has changed since I got the bad news in October. That means I get another three months of freedom, treatment is not on my immediate horizon, and that I can keep on keepin’ on.
I could not be happier!
Given the distracting nature of all my appointments this week, and this nagging cold, there isn’t much to report. But here’s a couple of things…
- Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of my second debulking surgery and HIPEC. Seems like forever ago and very recent all at the same time.
- Episode 6 of Nourish & Flourish went up, where Emily and I talked about our food histories – past and present.
- I made these incredible Power Biscotti from the Blissful Basil cookbook. The “flour” was made from ground sunflower seeds. Unreal!
- I have been immersed in these two books, which are each captivating and inspiring in their own way.
- I am just starting Week 3 of the Wim Hof Method, and feeling more dedicated to my plant-based life and yoga practice than ever. I truly believe all of my holistic endeavors and positive attitude are carrying me through life with this disease, which is nearing the 3 year mark. Unbelievable.
Looking forward to getting over this cold and immersing myself back into life and creative projects.
Here’s to health!