This week absolutely flew by! Most likely that’s due to my intentional avoidance of what’s going on in our nation today. My attention was otherwise compromised by my new podcast (hooray!), my return to the pottery wheel, cooking, writing, and also my return to making art with glass. Creatively – it’s been a fantastic week.
I can’t wait to start sharing some of my artistic projects once they start reaching completion.
Here’s a look at my week!
Here on Cured Life:
Next week I will be starting to roll out my series on Plant-Based Living. This week’s post was foundational, explaining where I’m coming from as a reformed eater, passionate cook, and relentless seeker of what wellness means to me. Throwback photos abound!
I am so jazzed by the support Emily and I have received after we unleashed N+F into the world! We’re looking forward to putting out new content weekly (Mondays!) and continuing to grow.
I have been fascinated by this look back in time, to the very first vegan/raw restaurant in America. In 1917 Vera Richter opened Eutropheon, introducing people to plant-based cuisine. This book highlights the history of her and her husband, the restaurant, and the recipes that were featured.
- Lawyer Quits His Job to Live Like a Hobbit
- Inside the Superhuman World of the Iceman
Wim Hof is my new inspiration, and I have been practicing his method this week – immersing myself in his 10 week program. More on that in the future – incredible stuff!
- How We Hygge: 6 Ways to Embrace the Danish Art of Coziness
COOKING + EATING
I continue to be busy in the kitchen!
- Tropical Oatmeal (my own recipe, always off the cuff)
- Crispy Oven Baked Honey Tofu Bites (recipe here) atop homemade stir fry.
- Quinoa Pizza Crust (recipe from this book), with various toppings + homemade sauce
- Ginger Roasted Pumpkin + Quinoa Salad with Mint, Chili + Lime (recipe here), which I modified slightly
- Cauliflower Tots (recipe from this book) with homemade ketchup
- Tofu Scramble atop sautéed veggies and beans (my own recipe, always off the cuff)
I published these two episodes on my podcast:
Episode 13: The Hot Topic of Incense
Episode 14: Chakras
And of course, the first 4 episodes of Nourish + Flourish are now available.