The move is finally winding down. The end of one chapter, the start of another.
I have struggled to keep it together this week with everything going on, and found myself escaping with activities like weeding (for 2.5 hours) just to get a “break.”
I was even too distracted to acknowledge the 3 year anniversary of my very first cancer treatment (on July 1st). When the milestone finally popped into my head I had to pause and feel a deep sense of gratitude.
That summer was lost to cancer, and the 2014 version of me would be super pissed if I was anything less than grateful today. I have the strength to haul heavy boxes for hours, scrub grime from floor to ceiling, paint walls on hot days, and teach a few yoga classes in between… the kind of stuff that seemed impossible 3 years ago.
So, I am grateful. For the stress, the challenges, and the wealth of health I possess to withstand it all.
Without overdoing it, of course!
I am also particularly grateful for garlic, which we harvested a couple of days ago from our (imminently) former property.
I’ll be sharing the whole process on Monday. Stay tuned.
And every time I carry a moving box up the stairs out front I get to pass the Bee Balm, which is always swarming with bumbles. My favorite Dr. Seuss-esque flowers.
It’s the little things.
This Week in Content:
- I pulled lots of red, white, and blue from my garden for the 4th of July.
- The apple cider that we pressed last fall got bottled.
- Potatoes a’plenty were harvested.
- (Loose leaf) tea was made in a mindful moment.
- Homemade hummus was whipped up and dolloped in a handmade bowl.
Speaking of hummus…
Instagram of the week:
This Week in Podcasting:
This Week in Findings:
- Tomorrow brings a new full moon, with new food for thought. And a little more for good measure.
- Sharing our stories about struggles is so important.
- Any other big Dateline fans out there?
- Inspiring Instagrams to follow: 1, 2, 3.
- An interesting piece about the founder of Headspace.
- This is what extinction sounds like.
- Watermelon Poke Bowls – yay or nay?
- Breakfast = dessert. Duh.
- I want to see what you’re finding inspiration from. Can we pin together?
And finally, your weekly dose of dogs…
He can smell the garlic in the air.