As I sit to write this review, I have to look back at my calendar to figure out what the heck happened over the past week.
I feel like a broken record. Life continues to be a blur, but thankfully the end is near.
In about 2 weeks the move will be complete, but in the meantime there is still lots of painting, fixing, planting, packing, and more to do…
Aside from all that chaos, there are a few updates on things that I wrote about in the past. First up…
I was making a lot of pottery throughout the winter, with one final group of lingering bisqueware that still needed to be glazed and fired. I picked up all the finished work from my teacher’s studio yesterday and am particularly proud of this piece:
This is the largest piece I have ever made with clay, and it was 100% hand-built using porcelain. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I found out it survived the kiln! I am so ready for a summer full of bite-sized goodies that I can squeeze into this platter.
Here’s more of my pottery (and glass art) if you’re curious:
Last fall we pressed bushel upon bushel of apples from our neighbor’s orchards, producing 10 gallons of cider. Click to watch the video from that day.
Some of that cider was enjoyed fresh, but most of it was put away to ferment throughout the winter, turning it into hard cider. Yesterday we siphoned the fizzy batches into their forever homes (a few dozen bottles).
I’ll be sharing a post about the entire process shortly. Stay tuned!
Lastly, almost all of the June poppies have dropped their petals and are now simply seed heads…
Not as great as their flowers, but still pretty damn fascinating.
This Week in Content:
- I started a new gardening series about what I grow and how it happens. First up: berries.
- Chemo + menopause are messing with my mouth.
- I showed you 3 ways to enjoy kohlrabi raw.
- And shared the method behind the creation of my mishmash meals*.
*If you read this post, here’s a follow-up meal I made with some of the leftovers:
Instagram of the week: A favorite recent backyard bouquet.
Bonus Instagram news…
If you follow me there, you probably saw this exciting visitor to the new property. I still can’t get over the cuteness so I’m sharing it again.
The story: we have these two 500 gallon rain barrels. A little frog found it’s way to the top of one of them, and has been hanging out in the overflow opening…
Can you even handle his little frog face….
Couldn’t ask for a better guardian of the water.
This Week in Podcasting:
This Week in Findings:
- I’m always looking for a better way to organize, make lists, and execute my to-do list.
- More love for edible flowers.
- If there’s one aesthetic that holds a special place in my heart, it’s the 80s (probably because I was born smack dab in the middle of them).
- Is wellness the new luxury? (Anything that uses my tagline words “healthy + happy” in the headline has my attention.)
- Valuable: the difference between inspiration & imitation.