In the midst of moving chaos, I am taking a few days for self-care in the wild and wonderful mountains of West Virginia.
It is not the most ideal time for a trip like this, but it has been on my calendar for far too long and I really didn’t want to miss it. So far it’s been magic.
From the charming small towns with enviable sunsets…
To top of the mountain revolved hand-to-toe pose…
(Block pattern capris + top courtesy of Satva)
So much yoga, good vibes, music, and merriment.
If you hadn’t guessed, I am at Wanderlust Snowshoe. It’s my second time here and I am looking forward to many more adventures throughout the next couple of days.
Going back to earlier in the week…
I caught another poppy on the verge of blooming…
I am obsessed with the pre-blossom crumpled paper look!
There was this tasty trio of plant-based eats, starting on the left with tempeh + tomato “sausage” crumbles, simple potatoes, and a spring greens veggie hash.
And this mushroom + tofu BBQ concoction over rice…
No recipe for those two dishes (I am trying to get better!), but I did start sharing a few earlier this week. Check them out below…
This Week in Content:
- Photos: Early June Flowers
- Recipe: Easiest Potato Salad Ever
- Recipe: Creamy Za’atar Spring Pasta
- Mise en Place as Meditation: My Weekly Meal Prep
- Video: Virtual Forest Bathing II
- My Top Conscious Alternatives to the Most Consumable Items
This Week in Podcasting:
- N+F: This week was Part I of our Season 1 Finale. The final episode goes live on Monday morning, and then our wrap party on the 21st!
This Week in Findings:
- I love hearing insights from people who are thriving well into their 80s and 90s, so I made sure to watch this documentary on HBO the other night. Very charming.
- This is an incredibly inspiring list: 28 Lessons From Great Writers, Artists And Creators On Mastering Your Craft.
- It’s like this article was written for me: How to Be Mindful With a Barking Dog.
- I adore vintage seed catalogs, so this roundup was right up my alley.
- Some summer reading suggestions: 8 Essential Books For Envisioning the Future of Food.
- Rich Roll’s podcast is one of my favorites, and this new interview with him was pretty great.
- Speaking of Rich, his wife Julie Piatt has a new cookbook: This Cheese is Nuts!, which I can’t wait to receive and dig into. Dairy free cheese for the win!
- I am having a personal timelapse photography moment, and this is my fantasy creation.
And finally, your weekly dose of dogs…
Too cute to kick out of the garden.