Another blur of a week.
My next scan is in 3 days, marking the end of the “watch and wait” period after the disease reemerged back in October.
Results will come 2 days after the scan, and I will be taking hibernation to the extreme as I hunker down and zen my way through it all.
For now, I’m ready to jump into the weekend and focus on relaxation and calm. Thankfully the snow showed up just in time.
A few snippets from my week…
Here on Cured Life:
The first official piece for my Plant-Based Life Series. If you are interested in transitioning to plant-based, or just want to eat healthier, these posts will be helpful in facilitating those changes.
- 9 Things You Can Do About Climate Change – #1 is no surprise!
- How to #StayOutraged Without Losing Your Mind – You don’t have to suffer to make a difference.
- Isaac Asimov: How to Never Run Out of Ideas Again – [A writer] can’t sit around doubting the quality of his writing. Rather, he has to love his own writing. I do.
- Gardening is a Form of Resistance – Beautiful. Agreed.
- Approaching Life with a Beginner’s Mind – We talkin ’bout practice.
COOKING + EATING
I only took one food photo all week! Whoops.
- Pasta with Potato + Carrot Alfredo with Spicy Tempeh Bits – I made this one up.
I was in the mood for a big bowl of creamy pasta one night and concocted an “alfredo” sauce from boiled potatoes and carrots, soaked raw cashews, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and a bunch of other goodies. I sautéed up some tempeh cubes in a spice blend and it all came together wonderfully.
Also made, but very unfortunately not pictured, were these Chipotle Cauliflower Carnitas Tacos with Green Apple Salsa – amazing!
On Nourish + Flourish:
- Episode #5: What is Tarot and How Can it Help Me? With Leslie McAllister – our first guest!
We also released our first mini/bonus episode! Be sure to subscribe on iTunes to never miss a show.
Bonus photo from a glorious snow-free morning earlier in the week.
Cannot believe it’s the last weekend in January! As we near the end of the first month of 2017, I am looking forward to regrouping and making sure I am staying on task with all of my intentions. Bonus side effect of hibernation: ample time for reflection, meditation, and organization.