Every Friday I share interesting links and findings, food I’ve made,
and an update on what’s growing in the garden. Enjoy.
- I aspire to be more minimal and am very intrigued by this new documentary.
- Another upcoming documentary that tackles a very important topic – the protection of our disappearing seed varieties.
- A device that fits in the palm of your hand and can analyze the nutritional profile of foods, the well-being of plants, and much more? Whoa.
- I’m always curious to see how other young people take on the creative challenge of communicating what it’s like to be diagnosed with cancer. Check out this piece: An Artist Takes on Cancer.
- I have long dreamt of having my own hive – maybe the Flow Hive would be a good place to start?
- Any device that can help garden management including watering, the threat of frost, and more, is exciting for me! Enter: Wimoto.
- Have you seen this very NSFW trailer for Sausage Party? An adults-only animated movie about various products from the grocery store finding out the horror of what happens to them once purchased. I’m so in.
- My sister shared this video with me and I loved it. Anyone who can combine entertainment, humor, and a bit of education (plant-powered for the win!) has my attention:
I’ve only been home from my trip abroad for a few days so I’m still easing my way back into the kitchen and out of my jet lag haze. For a more robust assortment of culinary creations from the past month or two, visit my Facebook page:
The only share-worthy dish from this week was a pasta primavera type bowl where I simply sautéed a bunch of vegetables, mushrooms, and herbs and tossed it all together with some spaghetti and vegan ranch dressing.
I’m working to develop my own recipes (a huge challenge, as I tend to throw ingredients together haphazardly and not record anything), but in the meantime I’m heavily invested in my “Vegan-ish” Pinterest board where I find and execute amazing dishes from folks who know what they’re doing.
I came back from Europe to find an explosion of activity in the garden! Here’s a few highlights.
- Last night I was able to cut this first real bouquet from our wildflower hill:
- These young snap peas were delicious in the pasta I showed above:
- Strawberries! Getting to the end of the harvest, but still enjoying a few.
- Unfortunately some pesky chipmunks have been mauling the best ones…
- Fortunately we’ve got Baron on the job to stare them down with intimidation.
- And poppies starting to bloom!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend.